Jet’s 50% discount on fares for def,CPMF personnel
New Delhi: In a special gesture towards armed
forces, Jet Airways has announced a 50 per cent discount on
base fares for all serving and retired defence and
paramilitary personnel and their families.
This decision will be implemented with immediate effect
for travel on the airline`s domestic network and its code
share flights with JetLite, the company said in a release
The airlines has also provided the Web Check-In facility
for enhanced convenience of the Indian armed forces and
paramilitary personnel, it said.
Making the announcement, Jet Airways` Chief Commercial
Officer Sudheer Raghavan said, "These very special fares for
our defence and paramilitary personnel and their families, is
but a small way of expressing our gratitude for their selfless
service and recognition of their immense contribution to the
"We believe that these fares will help our defence
personnel plan their personal travel in advance and help them
re-connect with their friends and families easily," he added.
Under the scheme, the defence and paramilitary personnel
and their families will have to carry valid identification
proof while travelling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users