Jet’s 50% discount on fares for def,CPMF personnel
New Delhi: In a special gesture towards armed
forces, Jet Airways has announced a 50 per cent discount on
base fares for all serving and retired defence and
paramilitary personnel and their families.
This decision will be implemented with immediate effect
for travel on the airline`s domestic network and its code
share flights with JetLite, the company said in a release
The airlines has also provided the Web Check-In facility
for enhanced convenience of the Indian armed forces and
paramilitary personnel, it said.
Making the announcement, Jet Airways` Chief Commercial
Officer Sudheer Raghavan said, "These very special fares for
our defence and paramilitary personnel and their families, is
but a small way of expressing our gratitude for their selfless
service and recognition of their immense contribution to the
"We believe that these fares will help our defence
personnel plan their personal travel in advance and help them
re-connect with their friends and families easily," he added.
Under the scheme, the defence and paramilitary personnel
and their families will have to carry valid identification
proof while travelling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport