Jha hits out at Abdullah over Afzal Guru remark
Bhopal: BJP unit in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday
slammed Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his
controversial statements on Afzal Guru and said he had no
right to continue in office.
"I do not know how a person who has made such a statement
can continue in office," BJP`s state unit chief Prabhat Jha
told reporters here.
He said it was sad that because of Congress, Omar had
been emboldened to make such a statement.
Prabhat said it also indicated Omar`s thinking about
terrorists and terrorism in his own state. It was definitely
not good for the country as a whole, he said.
Omar had tweeted that if Jammu and Kashmir Assembly had
passed a resolution against the death sentence given to Afzal
Guru as was done by the Tamil Nadu Assembly for the killers of
Rajiv Gandhi, the reaction would not have been as muted as it
Guru, a Parliament attack convict, is on death row and
the Union Ministry of Home Affairs has recommended to
President Pratibha Patil that his mercy petition be rejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family