Jharkhand Maoist leader caught in Assam
Tezpur: A Jharkhand Maoist leader, carrying a reward of Rs 5 lakh on his head, was arrested here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, police caught Anil Kharwal alias Anandji, who is the zonal commander of three districts of Jharkhand, along with his brother-in-law.
There were 18 cases registered against Kharwal who was suspected to have come to Assam to organise the banned outfit in rural areas of the state.
Police did not reveal his brother-in-law`s name as his involvement with the outfit was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch