Jharkhand Maoist leader caught in Assam
Tezpur: A Jharkhand Maoist leader, carrying a reward of Rs 5 lakh on his head, was arrested here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, police caught Anil Kharwal alias Anandji, who is the zonal commander of three districts of Jharkhand, along with his brother-in-law.
There were 18 cases registered against Kharwal who was suspected to have come to Assam to organise the banned outfit in rural areas of the state.
Police did not reveal his brother-in-law`s name as his involvement with the outfit was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price