Jharkhand Maoist leader caught in Assam
Tezpur: A Jharkhand Maoist leader, carrying a reward of Rs 5 lakh on his head, was arrested here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, police caught Anil Kharwal alias Anandji, who is the zonal commander of three districts of Jharkhand, along with his brother-in-law.
There were 18 cases registered against Kharwal who was suspected to have come to Assam to organise the banned outfit in rural areas of the state.
Police did not reveal his brother-in-law`s name as his involvement with the outfit was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?