Jharkhand Maoist leader caught in Assam
Tezpur: A Jharkhand Maoist leader, carrying a reward of Rs 5 lakh on his head, was arrested here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, police caught Anil Kharwal alias Anandji, who is the zonal commander of three districts of Jharkhand, along with his brother-in-law.
There were 18 cases registered against Kharwal who was suspected to have come to Assam to organise the banned outfit in rural areas of the state.
Police did not reveal his brother-in-law`s name as his involvement with the outfit was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah