Jharkhand Police gets 3-day transit remand of Tara Shahdeo's husband
New Delhi: A court here on Wednesday granted Jharkhand Police three-day transit remand of national-level shooter Tara Shahdeo's husband, who was arrested on Tuesday night.
Ranjeet Singh Kohli alias Rakibul Hasan Khan, 30, has been accused of beating Tara Shahdeo and forcing her to convert to Islam after their marriage in July.
During the in-camera proceeding at a court here, Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Satish Kumar Arora granted Jharkhand Police three-day transit remand of Kohli and his mother.
According to sources, police told the court that a non-bailable warrant was issued against Kohli by a Jharkhand court.
Police added that the accused was required to be produced in a Jharkhand court and sought timely remand of the accused.
Kohli was arrested on Tuesday night from near the Delhi-Ghaziabad border in a joint operation of Jharkhand and Delhi police.
Tara, 23, had won gold medal in the 2009 Eastern Zone championship.
In her FIR, Tara had alleged that she was made to keep secret under duress after she learnt about her husband's faith in Islam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah