Jharkhand polls: 58% polling in 4th phase
Ranchi: Defying Maoists` poll boycott
call, Jharkhand witnessed 58 percent turnout for 14 seats in
the fourth and penultimate phase of polling in the assembly
"There was 58 percent polling in the fourth phase," a
spokesman of the Election Commission said in New Delhi.
There was no untoward incident during polling, he said.
In the run up to the polls, Maoists had blown up
several school buildings, burnt campaign vehicles and
There were 233 candidates, including 20 women, in the
With the conclusion of the fourth phase, polling in 65
seats was completed and the exercise in remaining 16
constituencies will be held in the fifth and final phase on
Results for all the 81 seats will be announced on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video