Jharkhand polls: 58% polling in 4th phase
Ranchi: Defying Maoists` poll boycott
call, Jharkhand witnessed 58 percent turnout for 14 seats in
the fourth and penultimate phase of polling in the assembly
"There was 58 percent polling in the fourth phase," a
spokesman of the Election Commission said in New Delhi.
There was no untoward incident during polling, he said.
In the run up to the polls, Maoists had blown up
several school buildings, burnt campaign vehicles and
There were 233 candidates, including 20 women, in the
With the conclusion of the fourth phase, polling in 65
seats was completed and the exercise in remaining 16
constituencies will be held in the fifth and final phase on
Results for all the 81 seats will be announced on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?