Jharkhand sends development plan for Maoist-infested districts
Ranchi: Jharkhand`s 10 districts, which
are among the country`s 34 Maoist-affected districts selected
for the Integrated Action Plan (IAP), have sent development
plans to Planning Commission to tackle the left-wing
"We have already sent the plan," Latehar Deputy
Commissioner Rahul Kumar Purwar said.
Latehar, Palamau, Chatra, Giridih, West and East
Singhbhum districts, Lohardaga, Gumla, Bokaro and Garwah are
among the 34 districts in the country shortlisted by the
Planning Commission for preparing the IAP, officials said.
However, 18 of the 24 Jharkhand districts and
reportedly 186 districts across the country have Naxal
Besides seeking plans from the most affected
districts, the Planning Commission has also reportedly engaged
studies to learn about governance and implementation of these
"The plan covers development in sectors like
agriculture, irrigation and roads," Palamau Deputy
Commissioner Amitabh Kaushal said.
The plan would also ensure employment and active
participation of the people in development, hindered with the
Maoists often imposing statewide shutdowns.
They have destroyed a large number of culverts, school
and community buildings in the last nine years and extorted
money from contractors doing roadworks. Several construction
companies have also lost machinery worth crores in Naxalite
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened