Jindal case: Police to file FIR on Zee News complaint on fake twitter accounts
New Delhi: Patiala House court has ordered the Delhi Police to file a FIR in the fake Twitter accounts pertaining to the Zee News-Naveen Jindal case.
Hearing the matter on the petition of Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary, the court on Monday asked the DCP of Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police to file FIR against unknown persons which will pave the way for investigation into fake Twitter accounts.
Zee News editor had alleged that during the Jindal controversy a host of fake Twitter accounts had been opened through which an attempt was made to malign him.
Taking cognizance of the matter the court has ordered the police to submit a status report before April 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation