Jindal case: Police to file FIR on Zee News complaint on fake twitter accounts
New Delhi: Patiala House court has ordered the Delhi Police to file a FIR in the fake Twitter accounts pertaining to the Zee News-Naveen Jindal case.
Hearing the matter on the petition of Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary, the court on Monday asked the DCP of Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police to file FIR against unknown persons which will pave the way for investigation into fake Twitter accounts.
Zee News editor had alleged that during the Jindal controversy a host of fake Twitter accounts had been opened through which an attempt was made to malign him.
Taking cognizance of the matter the court has ordered the police to submit a status report before April 18.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate