Jindal case: Police to file FIR on Zee News complaint on fake twitter accounts
New Delhi: Patiala House court has ordered the Delhi Police to file a FIR in the fake Twitter accounts pertaining to the Zee News-Naveen Jindal case.
Hearing the matter on the petition of Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary, the court on Monday asked the DCP of Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police to file FIR against unknown persons which will pave the way for investigation into fake Twitter accounts.
Zee News editor had alleged that during the Jindal controversy a host of fake Twitter accounts had been opened through which an attempt was made to malign him.
Taking cognizance of the matter the court has ordered the police to submit a status report before April 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble