Jindal case: Police to file FIR on Zee News complaint on fake twitter accounts
New Delhi: Patiala House court has ordered the Delhi Police to file a FIR in the fake Twitter accounts pertaining to the Zee News-Naveen Jindal case.
Hearing the matter on the petition of Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary, the court on Monday asked the DCP of Economic Offences Wing of Delhi Police to file FIR against unknown persons which will pave the way for investigation into fake Twitter accounts.
Zee News editor had alleged that during the Jindal controversy a host of fake Twitter accounts had been opened through which an attempt was made to malign him.
Taking cognizance of the matter the court has ordered the police to submit a status report before April 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read