Jindal explains Khap stand; Cong satisfied
Chandigarh: Congress MP Navin Jindal, who had
landed himself in a soup for his support to khap panchayat,
today appeared to have got a reprieve from the party which
expressed satisfaction with the explanation for his
Jindal conveyed his explanation to AICC General Secretary
and party`s in-charge of Haryana Prithviraj Chavan following
the furore created by the industrialist-lawmaker from Haryana
supporting khap panchayat which wants a ban on same gotra
Haryana Congress President Phool Chand Mullana said Chavan
had conveyed to him that Jindal had given his explanation (to
Chavan) and that he was satisfied with it.
"Chavan said that he was satisfied with the explanation,
though no written explanation had been sought," according to
The AICC leader had further conveyed that law of the land
was supreme and it must prevail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi