Jitin Prasada raises doubt over LK Advani`s "political motive"
Lakhimpur: Taking a dig at BJP leader LK Advani on Thursday, Union minister Jitin Prasada said that "the man, who has always been engaged in hardcore Hindutva politics, is now trying to put on a secular mask".
"Even a child can guess his (Advani`s) recent political motive," the Minister of State for Human Resource Development said here, adding that "the people of UP are well aware about these tactics".
Referring to the recent violence in Muzaffarnagar and Samajwadi Party minister Azam Khan`s reported displeasure over it, Prasada said, "If Azam feels that his own government is at fault... Why not fix accountability and responsibility (for the violence)."
Prasada further alleged that the ruling SP was responsible for the clashes in Muzaffarnagar and called for the Akhilesh Yadav government to resign over its failure to control the bloodshed.
"The SP government is fully responsible for the violence and I demand its resignation," he said.
"Cosmetic moves like sacking the District Magistrate and the commissioner will not do; the government must fix responsibility," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today