Jitin Prasada raises doubt over LK Advani`s "political motive"
Lakhimpur: Taking a dig at BJP leader LK Advani on Thursday, Union minister Jitin Prasada said that "the man, who has always been engaged in hardcore Hindutva politics, is now trying to put on a secular mask".
"Even a child can guess his (Advani`s) recent political motive," the Minister of State for Human Resource Development said here, adding that "the people of UP are well aware about these tactics".
Referring to the recent violence in Muzaffarnagar and Samajwadi Party minister Azam Khan`s reported displeasure over it, Prasada said, "If Azam feels that his own government is at fault... Why not fix accountability and responsibility (for the violence)."
Prasada further alleged that the ruling SP was responsible for the clashes in Muzaffarnagar and called for the Akhilesh Yadav government to resign over its failure to control the bloodshed.
"The SP government is fully responsible for the violence and I demand its resignation," he said.
"Cosmetic moves like sacking the District Magistrate and the commissioner will not do; the government must fix responsibility," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH