Jitin Prasada sets sight on RTE, education for minorities
New Delhi: Jitin Prasada, who assumed charge as MoS in the HRD Ministry on Monday said his focus will be on raising the quality of minority education especially in Uttar Pradesh and proper implementation of Right to Education (RTE) in every corner of the country.
Besides, the focus would be on ensuring passage of key legislations pending in Parliament and addressing the issue of teacher shortage, he told reporters here.
"HRD is a big and prestigious Ministry. This ministry is crucial to take ahead one of the flagship programme of the UPA government which is RTE. Let it be properly implemented and reach out to every village," he said.
MM Pallam Raju, who was elevated to Cabinet rank and given the HRD portfolio, is expected to assume charge on October 31.
Prasada said his area of focus would also be on model schools which would be opened in every block through public and public-private-partnership mode.
"I come from Uttar Pradesh and will provide special attention to the state apart from the rest of the country. I will try to improve the deficiencies and seek to improve and upgrade minority education giving it a level-playing field," he said.
Asked if he was unhappy over Rahul Gandhi remaining out of the government, Prasada said "We all want he comes but it is his decision and the decision has to be taken by the PM and Rahulji himself".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks