JK govt sets up 116 Model Villages
Jammu: Over 116 Model Villages have been
set up in Jammu and Kashmir at a cost of around 139.2 crore,
state government said Friday.
"Out of 119 Model Villages (MV), 116 model villages
have been completed in Jammu and Kashmir and Rs 1.20 crore has
been spent on each village," Jammu and Minister for Rural
Development, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Ali
Muhammad Sagar informed the Legislative Council responding to
a question by MLC Vijay Bakaya Friday.
Sagar said the work on other three model villages is also
apace and would be completed within the shortest period.
He said the main infrastructure components envisaged for
each model village include Children Park, Play Ground,
Shopping Complex, Lanes and Drains, Community Information
Centre, Common Facility Centre, Internal Village Roads,
Bathing Ghats, Entry Gates, Solar Lights and other activities
as per local needs.
The Minister further said ten more villages will be
developed as model villages under Border Areas Development
Programme in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?