JK govt sets up 116 Model Villages
Jammu: Over 116 Model Villages have been
set up in Jammu and Kashmir at a cost of around 139.2 crore,
state government said Friday.
"Out of 119 Model Villages (MV), 116 model villages
have been completed in Jammu and Kashmir and Rs 1.20 crore has
been spent on each village," Jammu and Minister for Rural
Development, Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Ali
Muhammad Sagar informed the Legislative Council responding to
a question by MLC Vijay Bakaya Friday.
Sagar said the work on other three model villages is also
apace and would be completed within the shortest period.
He said the main infrastructure components envisaged for
each model village include Children Park, Play Ground,
Shopping Complex, Lanes and Drains, Community Information
Centre, Common Facility Centre, Internal Village Roads,
Bathing Ghats, Entry Gates, Solar Lights and other activities
as per local needs.
The Minister further said ten more villages will be
developed as model villages under Border Areas Development
Programme in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray