JK interlocutor appointed as UGC member
New Delhi: Former Information Commissioner M M Ansari who was also Centre`s interlocutor on Jammu and Kashmir has been appointed as a member of University Grants Commission for a period of three years.
An eminent Economist, Ansari was one of the first Information Commissioners to be appointed at Central Information Commission in October, 2005.
After serving for a period for five years at the transparency panel, he was appointed as one of the three interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir by the Home Ministry.
"The Central Government appoints Prof M M Ansari, Economist, former CIC and interlocutor for Jammu and Kashmir, Government of India, as a member of the University Grants Commission with immediate effect, for a term of three years or till further order, whichever is earlier," the order said.
60-year old Ansari has served several institutions in senior positions and provided research and consultancy service to national and international organisations, the government had said in a statement on his appointment as interlocutor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why