JKLF chairman Yasin Malik, 12 supporters detained
Srinagar: JKLF chairman Yasin Malik and his 12 supporters were detained on Tuesday at Sangam on Jammu-Srinagar National highway when they was heading to earthquake-hit Doda region to distribute relief material, police sources said.
A spokesman of the separatist outfit said, "Yasin Malik and 12 other JKLF leaders and activists were detained by police at Sangam (in Anantnag district) and lodged at Awantipora police station."
He said the JKLF leaders were on their way to Doda region to distribute relief material among the earthquake affected people.
The spokesman condemned the police action.
Last month, Malik and his supporters were reportedly pushed back from Doda when they had taken three truckloads of relief material for distribution in the quake-hit areas.
Meanwhile, police also detained senior separatist leaders Shabir Ahmad Shah, Nayeem Khan and Zaffar Akbar Bhat who were planning to hold a sit-in at Pratap Park in Lal Chowk, police sources said.
The moderate Hurriyat Conference leaders had planned to sit on dharna to protest what they termed as "government atrocities" against the people of Kashmir, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check www.gseb.org for 10th result 2016: GSEB SSC result 2016 declared
- Cassini climbs over Saturn's poles and captures this stunning image - See pic!
- Shocking! Four out of five women are harassed in public places in India, finds survey
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to get intimate in ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ – Here’s how
- Oomph factor! Priyanka Chopra looks smoking hot in THESE magazine covers