JMM a `disturbance creator` in Orissa textbook
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) will ask the Orissa government to ban a Class 12 textbook that brackets the party with Maoists, BODO militants and others who create "disturbance" in the country.
"The book should be banned immediately. We will take up the issue with the Orissa government," JMM central committee member Supriyo Bhattacharya said.
The issue was taken up with JMM chief Shibu Soren, a JMM source said, adding that a delegation would meet Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to demand a ban soon.
The 127-page textbook "Prayogika Oriya Bhasa" has termed JMM "a disturbance creator organisation of the country", the JMM source said.
The issue was raised by the youth wing of JMM in Jamshedpur. According to a party leader, the book says "Pakistan, BODO militants, ULFA, Maoists, JMM and others" are creating disturbance in the country.
Though the textbook was introduced in 2006, the issue came to light only recently when a party leader`s son, who is studying in Orissa, read the book.
"The BJD (Biju Janata Dal) of Naveen Patnaik should not forget that JMM`s four legislators supported it in 2008 when the BJP withdrew its support from the party. The BJD had fought municipal elections in alliance with the JMM on many places in 2007," said Mahabir Murmu, president of the Jharkhand Yuva Morcha (JYM) East Singhbhum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies