JMM MLA acquitted in murder case
Simdega: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha
(JMM) MLA, Poulus Surin was on Thursday acquitted by a local court
here in connection with a triple murder case.
The Simdega District and Session Judge, N K Srivastav
acquitted Surin following lack of evidence in two year old
In 2009, Surin was one of the accused in the killing of
three persons of Jharkhand Raksha Manch, an anti-naxal
organization, in Simdega.
Surin, who has been in jail for last 21 months, fought
the 2009 assembly election from jail on JMM ticket and won the
Torpa assembly constituency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan