JNNURM projects given 2 year extension by Cabinet
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on
Infrastructure (CCI) on Friday approved the proposal of two-year
extension to projects under Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal
In a statement issued today the government said that
projects sanctioned under JNNURM till March 2012 will get an
extended timeline till 2014.
"Implementation period extended by two years up to 2013-14
for completion of projects sanctioned till March 2012 and
reforms under UIG (Urban Infrastructure and Governance)
including procurement of buses sanctioned under the Economic
Stimulus and UIDSSMT of JNNURM," the government statement
The UIDDSSMT is Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme
for Small and Medium Towns under which the Urban Development
Ministry supports several states in developing towns.
The statement added that utilisation of funds for purposes
such as capacity building including Project Management Unit
(PMU), Project Implementation Unit, Administrative and other
expenses which are ancillary to implementation of JNNURM have
also been extended.
"Necessary budgetary provisions for two years beyond 31
March 2012 for completion of sanctioned projects during
Mission Period of JNNRUM," had been given approval the
government statement said.
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match