Jobs helped me in my fight for Jan Lokpal: Hazare
New Delhi: Anna Hazare, who followed the
crucial debate on Lokpal in Parliament on his iPad during his fast, has paid rich tributes to the gadget`s creator Steve Jobs, saying his innovations have helped him in his fight for
Jan Lokpal Bill.
"Steve Jobs will always be remembered for his
unparallelled contribution to the world of technology. The
news of his death is saddening," Hazare said in his latest
Jobs, the co-founder of Apple which developed the iPad,
died in New York on October six after fighting pancreatic
cancer for years.
Hazare remembered Jobs as one of those who "sculpted the history of technology by bringing about a revolutionary change" that brought the world together.
"He enabled a line of direct inter-personal communication
between people staying in different places at different
levels. His contribution will be remembered forever. Jobs used
his imagination and futuristic viewpoint as he worked on his
research hence his revolutionary thoughts will always hold an
important place in modern history," he said.
Acknowledging that technology has been helpful in
organising people to fight against injustice and corruption,
he said Jobs` innovations have brought about a revolutionary
"I have personally experienced this during my fight for
Jan Lokpal Bill. Without any doubt, we will need it at every
step of our life," he said.
"Though he is not present physically, his work has
immortalised him forever. Here, I will quote Samarth Ramdas, a
saint from Maharashtra, `marave pari kirti rupi uraave` (When
a person is no more, he should be remembered for his work),"
Hazare had on August 27, the 12th day of his fast in
Ramlila Maidan demanding a strong Lokpal Bill, followed the
crucial debate in Parliament over Lokpal Bill on his iPad.
"Bahut achaa hai (it is very good)," the 74-year-old
Gandhian had then remarked as he watched the proceedings in
his makeshift room at Ramlila Maidan here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof