Jodhpur`s Chandresh Kumari inducted in Cabinet
New Delhi: Congress MP from Jodhpur Chandresh Kumari Katoch was among the two new faces inducted into the Manmohan Singh Cabinet Sunday.
Kumari, who was born into the royal family of Jodhpur, is married into the royal family of Kangra in Himachal Pradesh.
Her induction comes ahead of the crucial Himachal Pradesh assembly polls Nov 4, next Sunday. The Congress is hoping to dislodge the BJP in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"