Joe Biden to visit India next month: Kerry
New Delhi: US Vice President Joe Biden will visit India next month to keep up the momentum in bilateral ties, Secretary of State John Kerry said on Monday.
Addressing the media along with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid after the fourth round of India-US Strategic Dialogue here, Kerry said India and the US were "powerful economies" and were poised to "set a new standard for cooperation".
He said the significant representation in his team was a reflection of "very important relations" between the two countries.
He said Biden will be coming to India late July.
Khurshid said they discussed key strategic issues, economic issues as well as regional security concerns.
He said the talks were characterised by convergence and candour.
"Secretary Kerry and I seem to have struck the right chemistry," he said. Kerry added that the two sides have discussed cooperation and procurement issues in defence, particularly co-production, apart from cooperation in agriculture and health sectors.
He said the US took up "impediments" to foreign investment with India and was reassured that steps will be taken to address concerns. Referring to trade, Kerry said the two sides can do better.
He said he had invited Khurshid to the US and the dates of visit were being worked out.
India and the US held the fourth edition of the India-US Strategic Dialogue on Monday. It was co-chaired by Khurshid and Kerry.
Kerry, who arrived here Sunday on a three-day visit, has said he was keen to push forward implementation of the Indo-US civil nuclear deal and for more defence co-production and co-development, besides cooperation in higher education and other issues.
The India-US Strategic Dialogue, inaugurated in 2009, is a forum to discuss the full range of US-India cooperation on bilateral and regional issues, reflecting the strong strategic partnership between the two countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt