Join NDA, become PM: Shiv Sena to Pawar
Pune: Key UPA ally Sharad Pawar of the NCP has got a lucrative offer from the Shiv Sena – to join the opposition coalition NDA and even “become the Prime Minister”.
The invitation to the NCP chief was extended on Tuesday by senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi who said "he (Pawar) would be able to end quarrels within the BJP-led alliance and could also become Prime Minister".
Joshi was speaking at a function yesterday on the eve of Pawar`s birthday today.
The Shiv Sena leader hailed the Maratha strongman`s political skills, saying, "Pawar should join NDA to end quarrels within the alliance and bring together all factions. If he joins NDA, he can also become the Prime Minister."
Asked whether other NDA constituents would accept such a proposal, the former Lok Sabha Speaker quipped "Pawar can get it done".
Earlier, the former Maharashtra chief minister, addressing the gathering, showered praise on Pawar and said the NCP leader has the capability to become Prime Minister.
(With PTI inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'