Join NDA, become PM: Shiv Sena to Pawar
Pune: Key UPA ally Sharad Pawar of the NCP has got a lucrative offer from the Shiv Sena – to join the opposition coalition NDA and even “become the Prime Minister”.
The invitation to the NCP chief was extended on Tuesday by senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi who said "he (Pawar) would be able to end quarrels within the BJP-led alliance and could also become Prime Minister".
Joshi was speaking at a function yesterday on the eve of Pawar`s birthday today.
The Shiv Sena leader hailed the Maratha strongman`s political skills, saying, "Pawar should join NDA to end quarrels within the alliance and bring together all factions. If he joins NDA, he can also become the Prime Minister."
Asked whether other NDA constituents would accept such a proposal, the former Lok Sabha Speaker quipped "Pawar can get it done".
Earlier, the former Maharashtra chief minister, addressing the gathering, showered praise on Pawar and said the NCP leader has the capability to become Prime Minister.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal