Join NDA, become PM: Shiv Sena to Pawar
Pune: Key UPA ally Sharad Pawar of the NCP has got a lucrative offer from the Shiv Sena – to join the opposition coalition NDA and even “become the Prime Minister”.
The invitation to the NCP chief was extended on Tuesday by senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi who said "he (Pawar) would be able to end quarrels within the BJP-led alliance and could also become Prime Minister".
Joshi was speaking at a function yesterday on the eve of Pawar`s birthday today.
The Shiv Sena leader hailed the Maratha strongman`s political skills, saying, "Pawar should join NDA to end quarrels within the alliance and bring together all factions. If he joins NDA, he can also become the Prime Minister."
Asked whether other NDA constituents would accept such a proposal, the former Lok Sabha Speaker quipped "Pawar can get it done".
Earlier, the former Maharashtra chief minister, addressing the gathering, showered praise on Pawar and said the NCP leader has the capability to become Prime Minister.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees