Joined BJP because of Narendra Modi: Manoj Tiwari
Jodhpur: Popular Bhojpuri singer and actor Manoj Tiwari on Sunday said he has joined opposition BJP primarily because of Gujarat Chief Minister and party prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
"Modi has proved his credential to the world by carrying out development in Gujarat.... By setting an example how governance is delivered, he has rose to the national arena infusing hopes among common people," Tiwari, who is in a private visit to Jodhpur, told reporters.
"My decision to join BJP is largely influenced by Modi`s persona," he said.
Tiwari, who earlier joined Samajwadi Party and contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, said, "The decision (to join SP) was immature and this time, I have taken the decision after weighing all aspects."
Asked whether he will contest polls in a BJP ticket, he said, "For now, I will campaign for the party in Delhi. My candidature will depend upon whether I will be able to give time to the people and serve them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars