Joined BJP because of Narendra Modi: Manoj Tiwari
Jodhpur: Popular Bhojpuri singer and actor Manoj Tiwari on Sunday said he has joined opposition BJP primarily because of Gujarat Chief Minister and party prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
"Modi has proved his credential to the world by carrying out development in Gujarat.... By setting an example how governance is delivered, he has rose to the national arena infusing hopes among common people," Tiwari, who is in a private visit to Jodhpur, told reporters.
"My decision to join BJP is largely influenced by Modi`s persona," he said.
Tiwari, who earlier joined Samajwadi Party and contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, said, "The decision (to join SP) was immature and this time, I have taken the decision after weighing all aspects."
Asked whether he will contest polls in a BJP ticket, he said, "For now, I will campaign for the party in Delhi. My candidature will depend upon whether I will be able to give time to the people and serve them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das