Joined BJP because of Narendra Modi: Manoj Tiwari
Jodhpur: Popular Bhojpuri singer and actor Manoj Tiwari on Sunday said he has joined opposition BJP primarily because of Gujarat Chief Minister and party prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi.
"Modi has proved his credential to the world by carrying out development in Gujarat.... By setting an example how governance is delivered, he has rose to the national arena infusing hopes among common people," Tiwari, who is in a private visit to Jodhpur, told reporters.
"My decision to join BJP is largely influenced by Modi`s persona," he said.
Tiwari, who earlier joined Samajwadi Party and contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, said, "The decision (to join SP) was immature and this time, I have taken the decision after weighing all aspects."
Asked whether he will contest polls in a BJP ticket, he said, "For now, I will campaign for the party in Delhi. My candidature will depend upon whether I will be able to give time to the people and serve them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video