Joint rise of India, China irreversible: Chinese envoy
New Delhi: Notwithstanding border dispute and
visa row, India and China on Monday projected a positive outlook
of their relations, with China saying that the rise of the two
countries together was "irreversible" which no force can stop
even as some countries are trying to "drive a wedge".
Chinese Ambassador Zhang Yan said in spite of all kinds
of prophecies with "ill-intention", bilateral relations take
their own course and move ahead because the two countries know
where their national interests lie and how to handle their
"I must point out that not every country in the world is
happy to see China and India going closer and prospering
together. Some even try to drive wedge between us," he said at
a talk on China-India relations here.
"I must point out again, China and India`s rise together
is an irreversible historical trend that no force in the world
can stop," the envoy said.
He underlined that the cooperative relation between India
and China "poses no threat to others and is not developed at
the expense of other countries` interests."
Striking a similar note, National Security Advisor
Shivshankar Menon termed as "misplaced" determinism the
arguments presented by a few experts about China and India
were bound to be strategic adversaries.
Referring to views of a "few vocal experts" in this
context, Menon said, "It ignores the successful experience and
demonstrated expertise of both governments in managing
differences and building on commonalities for over three
decades and particularly since the Rajiv Gandhi visit to China
The remarks assume significance as these come in the
backdrop of irritants in the relationship over border and visa
issues and set a positive tone for the Special Representative
talks next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened