Jolt to INLD; MLA, 3 others join Cong
Chandigarh: In yet another jolt to Om Prakash
Chautala-led INLD, four leaders, including an MLA and two
former ministers, on Saturday quit the party and joined the ruling
Congress in Haryana.
INLD`s deputy leader in the legislative assembly Sushil
Kumar Indora, ex-ministers Muni Lal Ranga and Bahadur Singh
and another leader Krishan Chand Karsa joined the Congress in
the presence of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Welcoming them into the party fold, Hooda said all of them
had joined the party unconditionally.
All the four expressed their faith in the leadership of
Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Hooda.
Reacting to the development, Chautala said they would soon
rue their decision to join the Congress.
Earlier this week, senior INLD leader and former Haryana
Finance Minister Sampat Singh quit the party and sources close
to him said he was likely to join the Congress.
Two-time MP Indora, apparently miffed over denial of party
ticket for Sirsa Lok Sabha seat, also resigned from the state
Indora, who was elected to the House from Ellenabad (SC)
constituency, had quit and his resignation had been accepted
by the Speaker, a Vidhan Sabha spokesman said.
Differences reportedly developed between Indora and INLD
supremo Chautala after he was denied party ticket to contest
the recent Lok Sabha election from Sirsa.
Sita Ram contested on the INLD ticket and lost.
With the resignation of Indora, the strength of INLD in
the 90-seat House had come down to eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!