Jolt to Jagan; uncle to remain Congressman forever
Kadapa: In a jolt to former Congress MP
Jagan Mohan Reddy, his uncle and MLC Y S Vivekananda Reddy
on Tuesday said he will remain a Congressman forever and that he is
ready to contest the bypolls for the seats vacated by Jagan
and his mother.
"I will remain a Congressman till my last breath. I am a
loyal and disciplined Congress worker," he told reporters
Strongly condemning the allegation made by Jagan in his
letter to AICC president Sonia Gandhi that the Congress high
command tried to engineer a split in the family by offering
him a cabinet berth, Vivekananda Reddy made it clear that he
went to Delhi and sought audience with Sonia on his own.
Vivekananda Reddy`s assertion came after a brief meeting
he had with Jagan at the family estate at Idupulapaya in
Kadapa district earlier in the day.
The meeting was reportedly held at the behest of some
family members who wanted to broker peace between Jagan and
his uncle in the wake of the bad blood between the 2.
The meeting is understood to have ended with bitterness as
Jagan was angry with his uncle`s comments that he would make
Jagan express regrets for his criticism against Sonia.
Vivekananda Reddy disclosed that he had a lengthy meeting
with Sonia in Delhi during which he got clarifications on many
Reddy also said he met party leaders like Ghulam Nabi
Azad, Veerppa Moily and Ahmed Patel in New Delhi on his own.
Showering praise on Sonia, he said the Congress high
command has never tried to split the YS family and that there
is no need for them to do so.
"If aspiring for a Cabinet berth is my mistake, I seek
apology," he said, adding that he will remain a Congress
worker if the party does not make him a minister.
Praising Sonia for sacrificing the post of Prime Minister,
he said she is a great leader like Mahatma Gandhi and Mother
To a query, he said he will have all the love for Jagan as
his brother`s son but will continue in Congress.
Vivekananda Reddy said he wanted to take Jagan to Sonia to
bridge the differences but, unfortunately, Jagan chose to
Asked about reports of Jagan launching a new party, he
said, "You better ask him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof