Joshi demands dismissal of Chidambaram
Guwahati: Upping the ante on the 2G issue,
BJP leader Murli Manohar on Thursday demanded dismissal of Home
Minister P Chidambaram and enquiry into his alleged role in
the spectrum scam and said his party will raise it in the
winter session of Parliament.
"I demand that Chidambaram be dismissed from the ministry
and his role investigated into the 2G scam as other ministers
and officials now in jail," Joshi told reporters here.
Referring to the note from Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee`s office to the PMO, he said if Chidambaram was
found to be involved in the scam, then law should take its own
"Besides, all licences issued through fraud should be
cancelled and re-auctioned so that the losses incurred by the
people of India are recovered. I`ll raise the demand in
Parliament," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city