Joshi demands dismissal of Chidambaram
Guwahati: Upping the ante on the 2G issue,
BJP leader Murli Manohar on Thursday demanded dismissal of Home
Minister P Chidambaram and enquiry into his alleged role in
the spectrum scam and said his party will raise it in the
winter session of Parliament.
"I demand that Chidambaram be dismissed from the ministry
and his role investigated into the 2G scam as other ministers
and officials now in jail," Joshi told reporters here.
Referring to the note from Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee`s office to the PMO, he said if Chidambaram was
found to be involved in the scam, then law should take its own
"Besides, all licences issued through fraud should be
cancelled and re-auctioned so that the losses incurred by the
people of India are recovered. I`ll raise the demand in
Parliament," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees