Joshi demands dismissal of Chidambaram
Guwahati: Upping the ante on the 2G issue,
BJP leader Murli Manohar on Thursday demanded dismissal of Home
Minister P Chidambaram and enquiry into his alleged role in
the spectrum scam and said his party will raise it in the
winter session of Parliament.
"I demand that Chidambaram be dismissed from the ministry
and his role investigated into the 2G scam as other ministers
and officials now in jail," Joshi told reporters here.
Referring to the note from Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee`s office to the PMO, he said if Chidambaram was
found to be involved in the scam, then law should take its own
"Besides, all licences issued through fraud should be
cancelled and re-auctioned so that the losses incurred by the
people of India are recovered. I`ll raise the demand in
Parliament," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!
- Five brilliant tips on age management!
- World's 60 million refugees need 2.78 mn surgeries a year
- PM Modi congratulates Mamata on her second innings as West Bengal CM
- Scientists discover new way to kill cancer cells