Joshi demands dismissal of Chidambaram
Guwahati: Upping the ante on the 2G issue,
BJP leader Murli Manohar on Thursday demanded dismissal of Home
Minister P Chidambaram and enquiry into his alleged role in
the spectrum scam and said his party will raise it in the
winter session of Parliament.
"I demand that Chidambaram be dismissed from the ministry
and his role investigated into the 2G scam as other ministers
and officials now in jail," Joshi told reporters here.
Referring to the note from Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee`s office to the PMO, he said if Chidambaram was
found to be involved in the scam, then law should take its own
"Besides, all licences issued through fraud should be
cancelled and re-auctioned so that the losses incurred by the
people of India are recovered. I`ll raise the demand in
Parliament," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar