Joshi demands setting up of JPC to probe Liberhan report leak
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Tuesday demanded setting up of a Joint Parliamentary Committee to probe the leakage of the Liberhan Commission report to the media.
He also said that Home Minister P Chidambaram must own moral responsibility for the leakage.
"Since it is a matter of Parliamentary privilege, JPC is the only appropriate authority which can find out who leaked the contents of report, and how it was leaked," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
To a question on whether Chidambaram should resign over the issue, he said if the report was leaked by the Home Ministry, he should step down. "Still he should take moral responsibility as it is a lapse," Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why