Joshi met 2G accused firms’ executives: Mishra
New Delhi: NRI businessman Anshuman Mishra,
who withdrew from the Rajya Sabha race from Jharkhand at the
last moment, on Friday claimed to have introduced PAC Chairman
Murli Manohar Joshi to senior executives of 2G scam accused
companies when the panel was probing the 2G spectrum case, a
charge rubbished by the BJP veteran.
Mishra, who was supported by a section of the BJP as a
Rajya Sabha nominee, dropped out following a directive from
the BJP central leadership to its MLAs not to vote for him.
In an interview to a news channel, Mishra claimed that he was
BJP`s fund-raiser for over a decade. He also said that Joshi
called him seeking funds for elections. Mishra claimed to have
played a role in Joshi`s poll campaign in 2004 and 2009.
Joshi said Mishra`s allegations were "fabricated" and
whatever he was saying with regard to him is absolutely wrong
and a "concoction".
Reacting to the development, Congress leader Sanjay
Nirupam, who is also a member of the PAC, said that Joshi
will have to explain the allegations "threadbare" as it is not
an attack on an individual but on the chairperson of an
important Parliamentary committee which went into the 2G case.
The NRI businessman alleged that Joshi had held secret
meetings with 2G beneficiaries in his presence as Public
Accounts Committee (PAC) Chairman.
"...Joshi met with 2G accused companies in my presence.
If he would openly deny it I`m ready for any probe.....I
don`t know whether it was quid pro quo or just to get briefed
about the 2G scam. But he met few very senior functionaries
of these companies...," he said.
The controversial PAC report on 2G could not be adopted
by the committee last year following protests by Congress
Mishra said he was ready to cooperate with investigation
agencies to prove his charges.
"I am ready to face any Parliamentary probe committee. I
think Parliament should intervene and investigate Dr Joshi`s
phone records," he said.
Mishra later clarified that while Murli Manohar Joshi
did meet the 2G scam accused company executives, the telecom
scam was never discussed in the meeting.
Referring to senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha`s
allegation that Mishra has doubtful credentials and faced
criminal charges in the United States, the NRI businessman
said Sinha should produce hard evidence, failing which he
would be facing a defamation suit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’