Joshi slams Centre over border row with China
Varanasi: Asserting that India`s borders need to be protected, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday accused the UPA government of falling into a "new trap" laid by China.
He said the borders of the country should be protected rather than engaging in dialogue and the Central government has once again complicated the old border issue with China.
"History is witness to the fact that China has time and again violated agreements between the two countries. Now it has presented a new picture and the government has fallen into the trap," he told reporters here.
Criticising the Uttar Pradesh government, he also alleged it had failed on various fronts.
On the spot-fixing controversy in IPL, he said BCCI chief N Srinivasan should quit from the post on his own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Woman killed for dowry in Etah; husband, five others booked
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka
- US avoiding 'confrontation' in sea row: John Kerry