Joshi`s `magic wand` that got the PM to smile
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha broke into peels of laughter - and even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s usually impassive face creased into a smile - during BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi`s speech on the otherwise contentious issue of corruption.
Joshi quoted the prime minister`s Independence Day speech in which he had said "the government had no magic wand to end corruption" during the debate on corruption in the Lok Sabha.
The BJP MP said: "Science and technology has developed in India. We need to invent a magic wand to end corruption."
As a result, Manmohan Singh, who usually doesn`t show any emotion in the house, could not stop smiling.
Noticing a response from the prime minister to his remark, Joshi said he had been "waiting to see the smile on Dr. Singh`s face".
"There is a smile on your face. I have been dying for this day. This is a very special day for the parliament," added Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway