Joshi`s `magic wand` that got the PM to smile
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha broke into peels of laughter - and even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s usually impassive face creased into a smile - during BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi`s speech on the otherwise contentious issue of corruption.
Joshi quoted the prime minister`s Independence Day speech in which he had said "the government had no magic wand to end corruption" during the debate on corruption in the Lok Sabha.
The BJP MP said: "Science and technology has developed in India. We need to invent a magic wand to end corruption."
As a result, Manmohan Singh, who usually doesn`t show any emotion in the house, could not stop smiling.
Noticing a response from the prime minister to his remark, Joshi said he had been "waiting to see the smile on Dr. Singh`s face".
"There is a smile on your face. I have been dying for this day. This is a very special day for the parliament," added Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest