Journalist found dead in apartment
New Delhi: A 28-year-old journalist working
with a leading newspaper was found dead today in her East
Shagufta Noor Ali was found hanging in her rented flat
in Vasant Apartment in Mayur Vihar Phase-I at around 4:30 pm,
a senior police official said. The reason for her taking the
extreme step was not known as she left no suicide note.
The incident came to light when her husband Joyjeet,
who is also a journalist, asked a neighbour to find out about
her as she did not respond to his telephone calls at around
three pm. She was to report for duty at her office at four pm.
"There was no response to the knocking of the door and
later the neighbour managed to reach the balcony and found her
hanging," the official said adding the neighbour then informed
the husband as well as the police.
The couple got married a year ago and the deceased
hails from Kolkata.
The body has been sent to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital
for post mortem.
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award
- Sonia Gandhi received bribe in AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Subramanian Swamy