Journo among nine held in Karnataka for IM links
Bangalore: A journalist working for an English daily is said to be among nine people detained in Karnataka for alleged links with banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM).
As per reports, Thursday, the journalist has been identified as one Siddiqui.
The police have also recovered a laptop from Siddiqui with reports claiming that he had a role in spreading rumours about Assam violence that led to the exodus of Northeasterners from Karnataka.
In a terror attack in Bangalore fifteen people were injured when two bombs exploded at the Chinnaswamy Stadium on April 18, 2010 on the eve of the Bangalore-Mumbai IPL semifinal match.
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'
- Pakistan's ISI using mobile apps to lure Indian jawans, retired officials: Report
- IS may be making chemical weapons, warns watchdog
- India may clock near 8% growth on back of good monsoon: Das