JPC has replied to A Raja: Chacko
New Delhi: Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) looking into the 2G scam, PC Chacko, on Wednesday said he had replied to former telecom minister A Raja`s 100-page letter, and therefore, said the latter should not have any grouse over not being heard.
"Report of the JPC is based on records and Parliament is functioning well within its limitations. I have also circulated that note to all the 30 members of the JPC, so he should not have any problems," Chacko said.
Meanwhile, senior Communist Party of India (CPI) leader D Raja criticised the JPC report, saying it was not acceptable.
"The JPC has bowed down in front of the ruling Congress. By giving a clean chit to the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister, they have proved that these people are above JPC. JPC is also to be blamed for twisting policies. JPC has been constituted to scrutinise all the policies, but they framed policies and manipulated them over and over again, to help a few companies. A Raja has submitted a 100-page reply but that was ignored," D Raja said.
"Our JPC members will counter this move, when JPC formally meet. They will raise this issue and we will be in a position where we will call the shots," he added.
Taking a dig at Congress he said: "They have failed on all fronts, economically and on all fronts. I think they should now stop playing the blame game and admit the fact that they have failed."
Earlier in the day, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Yashwant Sinha, a member of the JPC that is probing the 2G scam, wrote to the Prime Minister, asking him to respond to the serious charges levelled by Raja on him. This was Sinha`s third letter to the Prime Minister.
Yesterday, Members of Parliament representing the BJP, DMK and CPM had submitted privilege notices against Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) chairman Chacko for the manner in which the JPC draft report on the 2G spectrum scam was leaked to the media even before it reached most of the 30 panel members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister