JPC members on 2G scam should exercise correct judgement: Nath
New Delhi: As the Opposition prepared to scuttle the JPC report on 2G scam, the government on Thursday expressed confidence that the members will exercise their "correct" judgement irrespective of their party affiliation.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath`s reaction came when asked about the Opposition parties` move to corner JPC Chairman P C Chacko over clean chit to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in its report on the 2G scam.
"I am confident that the members will exercise their correct judgement irrespective of their party affiliation," Kamal Nath told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked whether the members of SP and BSP in JPC would support the report prepared by Chacko, he said, "Well...We will see that in the meeting."
Non-Congress members of the panel have termed as "Congress report" the JPC draft report giving clean chit to the Prime Minister and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
Opposing the report, 15 members from BJP, JD(U), Trinamool Congress, the Left, AIADMK, DMK and BJD want Chacko`s removal as the panel Chairman. JPC has a total of 30 members.
On BJP leader Yashwant Sinha`s latest letter to the Prime Minister in which he asked Singh to appear before the panel saying his silence will "confirm" his involvement in the 2G scam, Nath said, "Mr Yashwant Sinha can say anything and everything. It must be credible."
The JPC meeting was planned for today but it was postponed following death of Lok Sabha TMC member Ambika Banerjee.
Chacko said that the new date would be announced soon indicating that it would be possible only next week as some members have expressed "inconvenience" if it is held tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray