JPC on 2G to submit report in six months: Chacko
Thrissur (Ker): The Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) on the 2G Spectrum scandal will prepare its report by December when its extended term expires, according to its chairman P C Chacko.
"We will not seek another extension. More than 50 per cent of the work is over. We will complete the rest of the work by December this year and draw up the report," he said here.
Set up in March 2011 to probe flaws in the telecom policy from 1998 to 2009 and alleged corruption and irregularities resulting from it, the JPC`s term was extended by Parliament till the end of the winter session.
Chacko, a senior Congress parliamentarian representing Thrissur in the Lok Sabha, said 50 witnesses had so far been examined by the panel.
The next meeting of the JPC, to be held shortly, would decide on the question of summoning present and former ministers to depose before it, Chacko added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy