JPC remains incomplete till PM appears: BJP
Ranchi: The BJP on Monday claimed that the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2-G spectrum remains "incomplete" till the recording of statements of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and former telecom minister A Raja.
"The JPC will remain incomplete till the prime minister and Raja appear before it. Raja has on several occasions said he had taken the PM into confidence on the spectrum matter. So the PM should appear before JPC," party General Secretary and national spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy told a press conference here.
Recounting all the scams that hit the UPA-II, Rudy said the BJP appealed to President Pranab Mukherjee to dismiss it following all the corruption cases and withdrawal of support by TMC, DMK and Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) during the last six months.
On BJP`s disruption of Parliament, he asked, "how can we sit in House when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh himself is facing charges in the `coalgate`, Railway Minister Pawan Bansal in the `railgate` and Law Minister Ashwini Kumar in the CBI draft probe report".
To a query why the BJP was shying away from announcing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi even after some top leaders appreciating him, he said the parliamentary board of the BJP would take the final call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday