JPC remains incomplete till PM appears: BJP
Ranchi: The BJP on Monday claimed that the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2-G spectrum remains "incomplete" till the recording of statements of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and former telecom minister A Raja.
"The JPC will remain incomplete till the prime minister and Raja appear before it. Raja has on several occasions said he had taken the PM into confidence on the spectrum matter. So the PM should appear before JPC," party General Secretary and national spokesman Rajiv Pratap Rudy told a press conference here.
Recounting all the scams that hit the UPA-II, Rudy said the BJP appealed to President Pranab Mukherjee to dismiss it following all the corruption cases and withdrawal of support by TMC, DMK and Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) during the last six months.
On BJP`s disruption of Parliament, he asked, "how can we sit in House when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh himself is facing charges in the `coalgate`, Railway Minister Pawan Bansal in the `railgate` and Law Minister Ashwini Kumar in the CBI draft probe report".
To a query why the BJP was shying away from announcing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi even after some top leaders appreciating him, he said the parliamentary board of the BJP would take the final call.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory