JPC report on 2G `half-baked`: A Raja
New Delhi: Peeved at non-inclusion of his written submission in the JPC report on 2G, former Telecom Minister and main accused in the scam A Raja has termed it as "half-baked" and urged Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to return it to the Committee chairman.
In a letter to the Speaker, Raja has urged her to direct JPC chief P C Chacko to include his submission in the report as its non-inclusion was an act of "cowardice" to prevent truth from coming out.
Raja, who has been alleging that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in the loop over policy decisions, has accused Chacko of adopting a "partisan" attitude.
The report submitted to the Speaker on October 29 had given a clean chit to the Prime Minister and Finance Minister P Chidambaram saying Raja had "misled" Singh.
Opposition BJP, BJD, CPI, CPI-M, Trianammol Congress, AIADMK and DMK had submitted their dissent notes.
Raja said the JPC report "was more political than parliamentarian in character".
He said despite several requests by him and other JPC members, he was not allowed to appear as a witness though he was "best placed" to explain the policy and rationale of the government behind the issuance of Universal Access Service (UAS) licences and grant of spectrum.
He said after being denied opportunity to appear personally, he made a written deposition before the JPC and his views were quoted by BJP and DMK in their dissent notes.
After submitting the report, Chacko had told reporters that Raja`s opinion was not made part of the report.
"But when we reached conclusion, Raja`s note was also quoted in that. His note was analysed by the committee before we arrived at conclusions," Chacko had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China