JPC report on 2G `half-baked`: A Raja
New Delhi: Peeved at non-inclusion of his written submission in the JPC report on 2G, former Telecom Minister and main accused in the scam A Raja has termed it as "half-baked" and urged Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to return it to the Committee chairman.
In a letter to the Speaker, Raja has urged her to direct JPC chief P C Chacko to include his submission in the report as its non-inclusion was an act of "cowardice" to prevent truth from coming out.
Raja, who has been alleging that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in the loop over policy decisions, has accused Chacko of adopting a "partisan" attitude.
The report submitted to the Speaker on October 29 had given a clean chit to the Prime Minister and Finance Minister P Chidambaram saying Raja had "misled" Singh.
Opposition BJP, BJD, CPI, CPI-M, Trianammol Congress, AIADMK and DMK had submitted their dissent notes.
Raja said the JPC report "was more political than parliamentarian in character".
He said despite several requests by him and other JPC members, he was not allowed to appear as a witness though he was "best placed" to explain the policy and rationale of the government behind the issuance of Universal Access Service (UAS) licences and grant of spectrum.
He said after being denied opportunity to appear personally, he made a written deposition before the JPC and his views were quoted by BJP and DMK in their dissent notes.
After submitting the report, Chacko had told reporters that Raja`s opinion was not made part of the report.
"But when we reached conclusion, Raja`s note was also quoted in that. His note was analysed by the committee before we arrived at conclusions," Chacko had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire