JPC report on 2G `half-baked`: A Raja
New Delhi: Peeved at non-inclusion of his written submission in the JPC report on 2G, former Telecom Minister and main accused in the scam A Raja has termed it as "half-baked" and urged Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to return it to the Committee chairman.
In a letter to the Speaker, Raja has urged her to direct JPC chief P C Chacko to include his submission in the report as its non-inclusion was an act of "cowardice" to prevent truth from coming out.
Raja, who has been alleging that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was in the loop over policy decisions, has accused Chacko of adopting a "partisan" attitude.
The report submitted to the Speaker on October 29 had given a clean chit to the Prime Minister and Finance Minister P Chidambaram saying Raja had "misled" Singh.
Opposition BJP, BJD, CPI, CPI-M, Trianammol Congress, AIADMK and DMK had submitted their dissent notes.
Raja said the JPC report "was more political than parliamentarian in character".
He said despite several requests by him and other JPC members, he was not allowed to appear as a witness though he was "best placed" to explain the policy and rationale of the government behind the issuance of Universal Access Service (UAS) licences and grant of spectrum.
He said after being denied opportunity to appear personally, he made a written deposition before the JPC and his views were quoted by BJP and DMK in their dissent notes.
After submitting the report, Chacko had told reporters that Raja`s opinion was not made part of the report.
"But when we reached conclusion, Raja`s note was also quoted in that. His note was analysed by the committee before we arrived at conclusions," Chacko had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened