JPC report on 2G tabled in LS amid din, DMK walks out
New Delhi: The controversial report of the JPC, which gave a clean chit to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the 2G spectrum scam saying he was "misled" by the then Telecom Minister A Raja, was on Monday tabled in Lok Sabha amid pandemonium.
The report was tabled in the Lok Sabha by JPC Chairman PC Chacko after Speaker Meira Kumar disallowed any debate on the issue at the presentation stage during Zero Hour.
This prompted members of DMK, UPA`s erstwhile partner, and Opposition members, including those from the BJP, Left, Trinamool Congress, BJD and Shiromani Akali Dal, to stand up in protest.
Yashwant Sinha, Harin Pathak (both BJP), Gurudas Dasgupta (CPI) and Kalyan Banerjee (Trinamool) shouted that the report was a "fraud" on the Constitution, while DMK members walked out of the House.
Senior BJP leader L K Advani also rose to say something to the Speaker but could not be heard in the din.
DMK members, including T R Baalu and former Telecom Minister A Raja, later returned to the House and trooped into the Well as one of their members tore some papers, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the proceedings till 2 PM.
Apart from giving a clean chit to the Prime Minister, it rubbishes the loss figure of Rs 1.76 lakh crore estimated by CAG, saying it was "ill-conceived". Opposition members in the JPC have termed it as a "bundle of contradictions".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...