JPC to carry on meeting despite BJP: Chacko
New Delhi: Joint Parliamentary Committee chairman PC Chacko on Monday said the panel will continue with its deliberations even if BJP members continue their boycott of the delibrations on 2G scam and said any decision to call fresh witnesses will be taken collectively by the members.
BJP had demanded that Chacko take a decision on calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram before JPC.
"I want them to return to committee meetings and stay till we table the report. But if they continue with their protest, JPC will meet in their absence," Chacko told PTI.
He also said any future decision will be taken collectively by JPC and he would not take a call on the issue on his own.
"I will not use discretionary powers of the Chairman. I want the members to take a call," he said.
Last week, five BJP members had stormed out of the meeting alleging their Congress counterparts had used foul language when they demanded calling Singh and Chidambaram before JPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan