JPC to carry on meeting despite BJP: Chacko
New Delhi: Joint Parliamentary Committee chairman PC Chacko on Monday said the panel will continue with its deliberations even if BJP members continue their boycott of the delibrations on 2G scam and said any decision to call fresh witnesses will be taken collectively by the members.
BJP had demanded that Chacko take a decision on calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram before JPC.
"I want them to return to committee meetings and stay till we table the report. But if they continue with their protest, JPC will meet in their absence," Chacko told PTI.
He also said any future decision will be taken collectively by JPC and he would not take a call on the issue on his own.
"I will not use discretionary powers of the Chairman. I want the members to take a call," he said.
Last week, five BJP members had stormed out of the meeting alleging their Congress counterparts had used foul language when they demanded calling Singh and Chidambaram before JPC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview