JPC to carry on meeting despite BJP: Chacko
New Delhi: Joint Parliamentary Committee chairman PC Chacko on Monday said the panel will continue with its deliberations even if BJP members continue their boycott of the delibrations on 2G scam and said any decision to call fresh witnesses will be taken collectively by the members.
BJP had demanded that Chacko take a decision on calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram before JPC.
"I want them to return to committee meetings and stay till we table the report. But if they continue with their protest, JPC will meet in their absence," Chacko told PTI.
He also said any future decision will be taken collectively by JPC and he would not take a call on the issue on his own.
"I will not use discretionary powers of the Chairman. I want the members to take a call," he said.
Last week, five BJP members had stormed out of the meeting alleging their Congress counterparts had used foul language when they demanded calling Singh and Chidambaram before JPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!