JPC to discuss PAC probe into 2G scam
New Delhi: The turf war over 2G Scam
inquiry has refused to die down with the Joint Parliamentary
Committee planning to discuss tomorrow whether the PAC,
chaired by senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi, has gone
beyond its mandate.
After discussing the issue its first meeting
tomorrow, the JPC plans to write to the Public Accounts
Committee Chairman about the Committee confining itself to
inquiring issues over which the CAG report has made its
"We have no quarrel with them. Propriety demands that
we will point out to them. Joshiji is a very senior member of
parliament and he also knows propriety is very important," JPC
Chairman P C Chacko said.
Maintaining that JPC, which has 30 members from
both the Houses, was constituted by a resolution passed by the
Parliament and the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the committee
was mentioned in it, Chacko told PTI, "our ToR need not be the
subject matter of another committee`s enquiry.
"There is an impropriety in that obviously and that we
want to point out to the committee."
He said two committees of Parliament submitting
contradictory reports or different reports to Parliament will
create a difficult situation.
"So normally, it is the precedent and it is the
practice and as far as some committees are concerned it is a
rule that the same topic will not be discussed by two
committees," Chacko said.
He said tomorrow`s meeting will also discuss the
issues including the number of meetings to be held in a week,
documents to be summoned, and the enquiry should start from
where to where.
"All these things will be decided then," he said.
The JPC is supposed to submit the report to Parliament by the
end of monsoon session and it will try to keep to that time
schedule, he said.
"And if absolutely necessary, then we will ask for
extension," Chacko said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams