JPC to send written questionnaire for PM, Chidambaram?
New Delhi: Amid a logjam over calling of witnesses, the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) on 2G spectrum scam could send a written questionnaire to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram instead of calling them before it.
Sources in JPC said a questionnaire to the two "cannot be ruled out" though the Committee is yet to decide whom to call as a witness out of the 107 names it has.
The idea assumes significance as BJP and Congress members clashed at the JPC meet today over calling Singh and Chidambaram before the committee.
BJP, which has been insisting that they should be called, today stormed out of the meeting. Congress is resisting any such move.
After the meeting, JPC Chairman P C Chacko said one method is to summon witnesses while the other is to send them questions in writing to save time.
Asked whether the PM and the Finance Minister could be sent written questionnaire, Chacko said no decision has been taken so far on a fresh list of witnesses.
Chacko today circulated a draft list of 107 persons, including Manmohan Singh and Chidambaram besides BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Shourie, for finalisation.
Chacko, who is eager to submit the report by December, wants to prune the list of witnesses to speed up the process of the JPC.
The BJP members insisted that it was necessary to call Singh and Chidambaram for a "fair investigation" into the 2G spectrum allocation scam of 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset