JPC wants copy of Presidential Reference on 2G
New Delhi: The Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam has sought a copy of the Presidential Reference made by the Centre before the Supreme Court on its February 2 decision on allocation of second generation radiowaves.
"Three days back we have written to the government seeking a certified copy of the Reference," JPC Chairman P C Chacko said today.
He said since the panel was examining the issue, it was pertinent to get a copy of the reference.
The government had last week moved the apex court with a Presidential Reference for its opinion on issues arising out of its 2G spectrum judgement, including whether auctioning of natural resources across all sectors is mandatory and the verdict be given retrospective effect for radio waves granted since 1994.
The Reference, signed by President Pratibha Patil, has raised eight questions, including whether there could be judicial interference in policy matters, vis-a-vis disposal of natural resources and investments made by foreign investors under multi and bilateral agreements.
"Whether the judgement lays down that there are permissible methods for disposal of all natural resources across all sectors and in all circumstances is by the conduct of auction," the reference stated.
"Whether the court holds that within the permissible scope of judicial review that the policy is flawed, is the court not obliged to take into account investment made under the said policy including the investment made by foreign investors under the multi and bilateral agreements," it said.
"Whether the judgement is required to be given retrospective effect so as to unsettle the licences issued into 2G spectrum and allocated after 1994 till 2008," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...