Js Kalifulla takes oath as SC judge
New Delhi: Justice Fakir Muhammad Ibrahim
Kalifulla was Monday sworn in as a Supreme Court judge, raising the strength of the apex court to 26.
Chief Justice of India S H Kapadia administered the oath
of office to Justice Kalifulla, the former chief justice of
Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
Justice Kalifulla had taken charge as the Jammu and Kashmir High Court Chief Justice on September 18, last year.
He had joined the judiciary on March 2, 2000 when he was made
a permanent judge of the Madras High Court.
He was subsequently transferred to High Court of Jammu
and Kashmir and assumed charge of office on February 24, last
year and, thereafter, was appointed as the Acting Chief
Justice of the same court on April 7, 2011.
Born on July 23, 1951, Justice Kalifulla, who hails from
Karaikudi, Sivagangai District in Tamil Nadu, was enrolled as
an advocate on August 20, 1975 and was an active labour law
practitioner and also appeared for various public and private
sector undertakings, nationalised and scheduled banks.
He was later the standing counsel for the Tamil Nadu
State Electricity Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon