Judicial custody of Abhishek Verma, wife extended till 20
New Delhi: The judicial custody of businessman Abhishek Verma and his wife, arrested for their alleged roles in various criminal cases lodged by different agencies, was ton Thursday extended by a Delhi court till December 20.
Special CBI Judge Sanjeev Jain extended the judicial custody of Verma and his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neascu in connection with two separate cases of corruption and forgery, registered against them by the CBI.
Besides these two cases, they were also produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Gautam Manan in connection with a money laundering case registered against them by the Enforcement Directorate and the court extended their judicial custody till December 20.
They have already been granted bail earlier by the court in the corruption, forgery and money laundering case but they are still lodged in Tihar Jail under judicial custody as they are yet to secure bail in the case registered against them by the CBI under the Official Secrets Act (OSA).
They have also not furnished their bail bonds in the three cases in which they were granted bail after the CBI and ED had failed to file charge sheets against them within the stipulated 60 days.
The CBI on November 30 had filed its charge sheet against Verma, Anca, her company M/s Ganton India Pvt Ltd and Koka Rao, a former Wing Commander of the Indian Air Force for allegedly possessing secret defence documents and supplying them to foreign nationals in violation of the OSA.
The couple, along with the firm and Rao, were charge sheeted under section 3 of the OSA (for passing sensitive information) and also for criminal conspiracy and theft from a place for custody of property under the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur