Judicial custody of Aseemanand extended
Jaipur: A local court on Saturday extended the
judicial custody of Swami Aseemanand, an accused in several
terror cases, including Ajmer Dargah blast, and Bharat Bhai
till May 14 on an appeal by the National Investigation Agency.
The accused were today produced before the court of
Magistrate C N Mathur, who extended their judicial custody on
a plea by the NIA.
The NIA has sought time to submit a charge sheet
against the two accused.
Aseemananad also filed a bail application through the
defence lawyer. The matter will be taken up for hearing on May
Two other accused Harshad and Mukesh Wasani, against
whom the chargesheet was filed yesterday, were also produced
before the court.
Aseemanand, prime accused in Hyderabad`s Mecca Masjid
blast case, had in his confessional statement recorded by a
magistrate here on December 12, 2010 said he and several other
Sangh activists had a direct role in the blasts, including
those at Malegaon, Samjhauta Express, Ajmer dargah and Mecca
Masjid in Hyderabad.
The 2007 blast at the Dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin
Chishti in Ajmer had left three persons dead and 15 others
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video