Judicial remand of `killer` techie extended by 14 days
Dehra Dun: A local court on Saturday extended the
judicial custody by 14 days of a software engineer who
allegedly killed his wife, cut her body into pieces and hid
them in a deep-freezer for nearly two months.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Kunwar Amrendra Singh
ordered to extend the judicial custody of Rajesh Gulati (37)
till February 12.
Gulati was also not allowed to meet his children after
the High Court put a stay on a lower court`s order permitting
him to meet the twins on the last Saturday of every month.
Maternal uncle of the children S K Pradhan, who has
the custody of the twins, in his plea contended meeting Gulati
would mentally affect them.
The statement of the accused regarding the murder of
32-year-old Anupam was not recorded today as Gulati earlier
told the court that he is not mentally well.
Gulati allegedly killed his wife Anupama and later
cut her body into pieces to hid them in deep freezer at his
rented home here last October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof