Judicial remand of `killer` techie extended by 14 days
Dehra Dun: A local court on Saturday extended the
judicial custody by 14 days of a software engineer who
allegedly killed his wife, cut her body into pieces and hid
them in a deep-freezer for nearly two months.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Kunwar Amrendra Singh
ordered to extend the judicial custody of Rajesh Gulati (37)
till February 12.
Gulati was also not allowed to meet his children after
the High Court put a stay on a lower court`s order permitting
him to meet the twins on the last Saturday of every month.
Maternal uncle of the children S K Pradhan, who has
the custody of the twins, in his plea contended meeting Gulati
would mentally affect them.
The statement of the accused regarding the murder of
32-year-old Anupam was not recorded today as Gulati earlier
told the court that he is not mentally well.
Gulati allegedly killed his wife Anupama and later
cut her body into pieces to hid them in deep freezer at his
rented home here last October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged