Judiciary recognises rapists age by matriculation certificate, but fails in my case: VK Singh
Gurgaon: Former army chief General VK Singh, who fought an age-related battle with the government prior to his retirement last year, on Saturday questioned the courts of the country on their fairness in dealing with his case.
He asked: "If the court can define the age of a rape victim on basis of his matriculation certificate, then why has the Supreme Court failed to decide my age despite checking and cross-checking my certificates."
General Singh became the first army chief in the history of independent India to drag the government to court prior to his retirement, seeking a change of date of birth in the official records that would have given him an extra ten months in service and in office.
Speaking to ANI on several issues, General Singh alleged that one will be targetted if he targets the wrong procurement and lobbies which are sucking the blood out of the Army.
"If the superior judiciary of this country can believe the matriculation certificate, and say a rapist and a murderer is a juvenile. What happens to my certificate which has been checked, rechecked and carbon-dated over a period of time. Why? Why didn`t they give a decision?" asked General Singh.
"Knowing fully well that they were not going to give a decision since people were pressurizing them and asking them not to give it. So, the controversy was created," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!