Jundal first arrested in 2003 in domestic case
Mumbai: Sayed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal`s first brush with the law came at the age of 22 when he was arrested in Maharashtra in 2003 for allegedly stabbing a woman with whom his family had a marital dispute.
Zabiuddin, the arrested key handler of Pakistani terrorists who struck Mumbai in 2008, had attacked Fateema Sheikh Jaleel with sword and also attempted to burn her, according to Maharashtra police sources while recalling the incident.
The cause, according to the probe at that point of time, was a family dispute with allegations being levelled by the family of Jaleel and Zabiuddin over dowry.
Zabiuddin, who hails from Beed in Maharashtra, had told the police at that time that Fateema`s family had been demanding dowry from his father in connection with the marriage of his cousin sister.
However, due to the fall out of the case, Zabiuddin was arrested along with his accomplice and sent to jail.
A sessions court later granted him bail with a condition to appear on all relevant dates.
In this case, Zabiuddin was arrested and jumped bail from sessions court.
However, after some weeks, Zabiuddin never returned for the court dates and court summons went unanswered till Maharashtra Police realised in 2006 that Zabiuddin had become an important member of Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT).
In 2006, Zabiuddin was nearly caught by central security agencies at Aurangabad but he managed to give slip under the cover of darkness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack