Jundal first arrested in 2003 in domestic case
Mumbai: Sayed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal`s first brush with the law came at the age of 22 when he was arrested in Maharashtra in 2003 for allegedly stabbing a woman with whom his family had a marital dispute.
Zabiuddin, the arrested key handler of Pakistani terrorists who struck Mumbai in 2008, had attacked Fateema Sheikh Jaleel with sword and also attempted to burn her, according to Maharashtra police sources while recalling the incident.
The cause, according to the probe at that point of time, was a family dispute with allegations being levelled by the family of Jaleel and Zabiuddin over dowry.
Zabiuddin, who hails from Beed in Maharashtra, had told the police at that time that Fateema`s family had been demanding dowry from his father in connection with the marriage of his cousin sister.
However, due to the fall out of the case, Zabiuddin was arrested along with his accomplice and sent to jail.
A sessions court later granted him bail with a condition to appear on all relevant dates.
In this case, Zabiuddin was arrested and jumped bail from sessions court.
However, after some weeks, Zabiuddin never returned for the court dates and court summons went unanswered till Maharashtra Police realised in 2006 that Zabiuddin had become an important member of Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT).
In 2006, Zabiuddin was nearly caught by central security agencies at Aurangabad but he managed to give slip under the cover of darkness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues