Jundal reveals details about LeT camps in PoK
New Delhi: Abu Jundal, the alleged handler of ten Pakistani terrorists who attacked Mumbai in 2008, has revealed before the Special Cell of Delhi Police that Pakistan-based militant outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba is running several training camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK).
Reports, Friday, claimed that the 26/11 attacks conspirator has informed the investigators that the LeT is imparting paragliding training to its recruits at its camps in Muzaffarabad in the PoK.
During his interrogation, Jundal said that LeT has made paragliding an essential part of the training curriculum of its cadres.
Based on his submission, the security agencies are now trying to verify whether Jundal also received paragliding training. Although the officials haven`t completely rejected reports that Jundal was in-charge of training the 26/11 terrorists, they have rubbished reports that he was being trained to fly planes.
Meanwhile, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) yesterday moved for his custody and registered an FIR against him and another terrorist Fayaz Kagzi for planning to organise terrorist attacks in India.
The FIR filed on Thursday is under several sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Kagzi, along with Jundal, is a senior operative of the Pakistani terror group Lashkar-e-Toiba, which carried out the Mumbai carnage in November 2008. The FIR has been registered on the basis of input received from the Intelligence Bureau recently.
Jundal yesterday admitted that LeT is expanding its naval wing to carry out more terror strikes.
Jundal is also believed to have told interrogators that Kagzi was his senior in college and had motivated him, and later introduced him to LeT commander Aslam Kashmiri.
According to the reports, Jundal was sent to Kathmandu in 2005 for training for two months in arms and explosives.
He came back from Kathmandu and got involved with the February 2006 Ahmedabad blast. He also worked with Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal to recruit people for Lashkar-e-Toiba and Indian Mujahideen.
With Agency Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan