Jundal was on `live tracker` of Indian intelligence
New Delhi: Close on the heels of key 26/11 handler Abu Jundal being nabbed by the Special Cell of the Delhi Police, Pakistan on Tuesday asked India to share information about Jundal.
Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik in a message to Home Minister P Chidambaram offered to extend co-operation in the 26/11 case while requesting India to share details on Jundal’s arrest.
The Pakistani High Commission sent Rehman Malik’s request for information via an SMS to Chidambaram.
Highly placed sources also informed Zee News that intelligence officials had put a “live tracker” on Jundal to tap his every move prior to his arrest on June 21 from the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi.
Jundal, during his interrogation, admitted his active role in the 26/11 attack saying he had worked in close tandem with terror mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi.
He confessed to his role in the country`s worst terror attack and admitted that he was present in the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) control room in Karachi and was giving direction to the 10 terrorists who carried out the strike.
During interrogation, Hamza gave a deep insight into the situation at `Karachi control room` monitoring the Mumbai attack.
Jundal was one of the Pakistani handlers who was giving instructions to the 26/11 terrorists. He reportedly identified targets for the 26/11 attacks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference