Jundal`s Pak passport shows him as Punjab province resident
New Delhi: The Pakistani passport of LeT terrorist Syed Zabiuddin Ansari, alias Abu Jundal, has shown him as a resident of Sheikhpura in Pakistan`s Punjab province.
The passport, which was issued in the name of Riyasat Ali, was issued by the Pakistan government to Jundal in 2009 with a validity of five years, sources said here on Tuesday.
His father`s name was mentioned as Mohammad Khushi in the travel document.
It has a valid visa of Saudi Arabia which was issued on the basis of the passport issued by Pakistan.
Apart from the passport, Pakistan has also issued two national identity cards to Jundal in the name of Riyasat Ali.
Armed with these documents, Pakistani authorities have been pressing Saudi Arabia to hand over Jundal to them after his detention in Riyadh.
However, India has been successful in getting the custody of Jundal by submitting documents related to his Indian citizenship besides giving DNA samples of his parents to buttress its points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi