Jundal`s Pak passport shows him as Punjab province resident
New Delhi: The Pakistani passport of LeT terrorist Syed Zabiuddin Ansari, alias Abu Jundal, has shown him as a resident of Sheikhpura in Pakistan`s Punjab province.
The passport, which was issued in the name of Riyasat Ali, was issued by the Pakistan government to Jundal in 2009 with a validity of five years, sources said here on Tuesday.
His father`s name was mentioned as Mohammad Khushi in the travel document.
It has a valid visa of Saudi Arabia which was issued on the basis of the passport issued by Pakistan.
Apart from the passport, Pakistan has also issued two national identity cards to Jundal in the name of Riyasat Ali.
Armed with these documents, Pakistani authorities have been pressing Saudi Arabia to hand over Jundal to them after his detention in Riyadh.
However, India has been successful in getting the custody of Jundal by submitting documents related to his Indian citizenship besides giving DNA samples of his parents to buttress its points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva